Monday 2 September 2013

Atta aur Gur ka halwa

Its my DH birthday and since I could not make cake, I thought I should make something that he will love. Hence I surprised him with Atta aur Gur ka halwa. I used gur (jaggery/vellam) instead of sugar. If you wish you can add sugar. I remember eating atta ke halwa in Golden temple and it was amazing. It had loads of ghee... I though of making it the same way hence I used ghee in good quantity.  However if you wish you can adjust the quantity of ghee according to your taste. Hope you try it... Happy Cooking...








Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Dry fruits - 1/2 cup
Water - approx 1 1/2 cup

Method:



In a thick bottom vessel heat ghee.


Now add wheat flour and roast until they are brown.


 Add dry fruits and roast for another 5 minutes. 


Now add jaggery powder and mix well. 


Add water and mix well and cook until ghee leaves its sides.




In a thick bottom vessel heat ghee. Now add wheat flour and roast until they are brown. Add dry fruits and roast for another 5 minutes. Now add jaggery powder and mix well. Add water and mix well and cook until ghee leaves its sides.
Serve hot/warm.

Sending this recipe to cookingwithsj
Sweet Celebration


http://cutchikitchen.com/100th_Post_GiveAway.html

Sending this recipe to Priyas Virundhu , Gayathris cookspot for WTML

6 comments:

  1. New dish to me.. I am sure it wud have tasted yumm.. I am making this.. Bday wishes to ur DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tinku... even I was introduced to this post marriage. It is made in every household in North India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking this recipe to my giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely and delicious Halwa dear...
    Thanks for linking it to the wtml event dear, waiting for more delicious and lovely entries from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make it many a times in my kitchen!!! Loved this one...Thanks for linking it to my event dear :) Stay connected via comments n likes :)

    And yes, one more on-going event awaits for your entries:

    http://cookingwithsj.com/bachelor-cooking/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...