Monday 30 September 2013

Pearl Millet Cookies(Eggless)

I was going to visit my mom's place and wanted to give her a sweet surprise. So I baked few goodies one of which was Bajra/Pearl Millet Cookies. The idea to make Bajra cookies stuck while I was going thru the biscuits section of my local food store. I found they were selling Bajra and Ragi cookies. I thought why not try making at home. I followed almost the same process of making cookies except I replaced all purpose flour with Bajra, corn meal and whole wheat. I added ginger powder and cocoa powder in small quantities, coz I just wanted mild flavor. So do try it, they are a hit and my mom loved it. Here goes the recipe... Happy cooking...



Ingredients:

Pearl Millet/Bajra/Kaambu powder - 1 1/2 cup
Corn meal powder - 1/2 cup
Whole wheat powder - 1/2 cup + for dusting
Butter - 125 gms
Sugar(powdered) - 3 tbsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
Dry ginger powder - 1/2 tsp

Method:


Mix butter and sugar together. 


Sieve all the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.


Mix the ingredients to form a dough.



Rest the dough in refrigerator for about 20 minutes(cover the dough).


Divide the dough into medium sized balls and roll it with a rolling pin( do not roll it thin, maintain about 1 inch thickness). With a cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. Bake the cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes. 




Pre heat the oven for 200 C for 15 minutes.
Mix butter and sugar together. Make sure butter is at room temperature. Sieve all the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture. Mix the ingredients to form a dough. Rest the dough in refrigerator for about 20 minutes(cover the dough). Divide the dough into medium sized balls and roll it with a rolling pin( do not roll it thin, maintain about 1 inch thickness). With a cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. Continue this until the dough is finished.  Bake the cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes. 
Store it in a air tight container.
The above mixture will yield about 20 - 25 cookies. 

7 comments:

  1. Super healthy cookie dear love the shapes......

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lovely clicks and look's scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very very healthy and crunchy cookies :) looks super delicious dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very healthy cookie. Very crunchy

    On-going event: What's with my cuppa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I prepared millet cookies.It turned out well.thanku

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad it turned out good Sujatha.... do send me the pics if you have, will post on my FB page...

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...